June 24, 2004

The Adventures of Dennis

As a kid, I read this book in Marathi, and later in English. Absolutely amazing to find it online! Especially all the wonderful illustrations!

See A little page of Russian Resources for more!

Now only if I could find all the other wonderful books from Mir Publishers, Moscow. Especially the science books! Ya Perelman's books on Physics and Mathematics.. and the wonderful stories of the discovery of each element in the Chemistry texts!

This is another reason why Free Culture is so important. Amidst the massive changes around the globe, little treasures like these books are easy to lose. Relaxing copyright control, and allowing digital archives might help save these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found some Old Russian books including "THE ADVENTURES OF DENNIS" at
http://members.tripod.com/rajanpunhani/rare_soviet_moscow_books.html

Anonymous said...

Good website. Do you remember the name of the book & the auther for the Russian books on Chemistry? In particular the ones that had stories around each element of the periodic table? I was looking to get this for my kids and may be able to find them in a local library (I can post it to the forum if I find any).
Thanks in advance.
Anil.
ap4411@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the websites, I love reading Russian books (translated to English or to my language - sinhaleese)

Anonymous said...

i have the adventures of dennis...its nice book..i luv Misha n dennis...i also like his teacher Miss raisa...

Post a Comment